Let's face it, a nice meal can fill your hart with happiness. We dream about food and yummy dishes all day long, at least I do. So why not make it come true? This last week the weather was so wonderfull and with that I love to prepare myself for a sunny season. And what better way to do that then adjusting your meals? There is nothing better than a healthy Provencal vegetable casserole with fresh breaded chicken. Taste the French Provence!
This is a dish that I often make. And the more I make it, the more I taste it. I like to work with a lot of herbs and spices in food. Certainly for this casserole the herbs and spices are essential. The dish consists out of three parts so you will quickly lose some time in the kitchen. Let's get started!
- Chicken breasts
- Parsley, rosemary, lemon thyme, oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- paprika powder, cayene powder
- Olive oil
1. Cut the potatoes in half and then boil the carrots, broccoli and potatoes just undercooked with some salt and pepper
2. To bread the chicken you first cap the chicken breasts in flour, then in a beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs mixed with paprika powder
3. When cooked, put the potatoes, carrots and broccoli into a large oven casserole and finish with olive oil and seasonings (Parsley, rosemary, lemon thyme, oregano, salt and pepper, 2 cloves of garlic minced, two bay leaves, paprika powder and cayene powder)
4. Soften the butter in the microwave and mix it with 2 minced cloves of garlic, onion powder, cayenne powder, paprika powder, rosemary, pili pili, oregano, black pepper and salt. Role the butter in some cling film and put it in the fridge
5. Roast the oven dish at 180 degrees for half an hour
6. Fry the breaded chicken breasts
7. Make some honey musterd sauce by mixing 2 tbs of honey with 2 tbs of musterd and some olive oil
8. When the casserole is finished, heat the peas and add them to the dish
9. Put everything nicely on the plate and Bon Appétit!